Joining the three existing Loxia lenses is the new Zeiss Loxia 25mm f/2.4, a wide-angle manual focus prime specifically developed for high-resolution, full-frame sensors from the Sony E-mount series of mirrorless cameras.
Despite its compact design, the lens promises outstanding, distortion-free image performance across the entire image field for genres such as landscapes and architecture.
It features a good ergonomic design with a smooth and accurate focus ring, and like the other Loxia lenses, offers a ‘de-clicking’ aperture locking mechanism for video work. The lens casing is made of metal and the bayonet is sealed against dust and moisture.
- Focal length: 25mm
- Aperture range: f/2.4 – f/22
- Mount: Sony E-mount (full-frame)
- Focusing range: 25cm to infinity
- Free working distance: 16cm to infinity
- Diagonal field of view: 81°
- Image ratio at minimum object distance: 1 : 6.4
- Lens elements / groups: 10 / 8
- Filter thread: 52mm
- Dimensions: 62 x 75mm
- Weight: 393g
Release Date and Price
The Zeiss Loxia 2.4/25 will be available on the Zeiss Online Shop and at authorised Zeiss
dealers from March 2018 for the retail price of £1,189.99 (incl.VAT).