Today, SonyAlphaRumors shared some additional information about an upcoming adapter called the TechArt PRO that will make it possible to autofocus with M-mount lenses on compatible Sony E-mount cameras. (We previously wrote about the development of the adapter a few weeks ago.)
According to the official TechArt PRO website, the adapter is meant for the Sony A7 II and A7r II and will work not only with all M-mount lenses from Leica, Zeiss and Voigtlander but also other mounts like Leica R or C/Y if you use other adapters along with it.
The adapter combines a quick and accurate motor with a printed circuit board that allows the camera to measure focus and communicate with the motor. The company claims that it can focus in less than a second most of the time, and the resulting image quality remains unchanged. It supports S-AF and C-AF and even improves the close focus capabilities of manual focus lenses. Plus, there is also support for 5-axis stabilisation.
At only 133 grams, it won’t add much extra weight or bulk to your A7 camera, yet it can drive a lens system that weighs up to 700 grams.
Below are the complete specifications found on the website:
- Objective lens mount – Leica M mount
- Camera mount – Sony E
- Compatible cameras – Sony A7 (II) , Sony A7R (II)
- Maximum bayonet extension – 4.5mm
- Supported Focusing Mode – AF-S / AF-C
- Aperture Control – Manual
- Maximum weight supported – 800g (* Handheld support recommended for heavy lens)
- Lens data record in EXIF – 10 sets
- After-shoot Parking – 2.5mm / 4.5mm
- Wireless control Bluetooth – via Android/iPhone app
- Weight – 133g
- Dimensions – 80 * 20 mm
To read more about the TechArt PRO, you can head over to the official website and watch the video below: