With the release of Lightroom CC 2015.5 / Lightroom 6.5 and Adobe Camera Raw 9.5, Adobe has now added support for the following mirrorless cameras: the Olympus Pen F, Sony a6300, Panasonic Lumix GF8 and CM10 and the Samsung NX3300.
The update has also fixed a few bugs in the previous version. In Lightroom, these include:
- Bug fixes related to Panorama Merge
- Remove spots in 1 image and then merge to pano. Lightroom takes care of the rest
- Boundary Warp gets better because bugs were fixed
- Removed the ‘auto’ projection option because it always picked the same projection mode
- Fixed a ton of sync errors. Faster sync to the Lightroom iOS and Android apps
- Scrolling through images in Loupe view with your mouse is back
- Slideshows are back in high-resolution
- Reinstated scroll bars so that you can browse faster in the Book module
As for Camera Raw 9.5, it is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CC and the Creative Cloud application and features an updated visual interface designed to align with Photoshop CC and Bridge. Camera Raw 9.5 is only available in Photoshop CC or later, so customers using older versions of Photoshop can utilize the DNG Converter for continued camera support.
The bug fixes in Camera Raw are as follows:
- Fixed crash/hang in Camera Raw and DNG Converter on some Mac systems when saving multiple images.
- Fixed corruption issue that would prevent DNG images originally created by Parrot Bebop Drone devices from being opened after metadata updates.
- Pressing the Option/Alt key while click-dragging on a perimeter handle of a Radial Filter will adjust only that side of the filter. This change in behavior was made to match Lightroom’s behavior. Previously, Option/Alt-clicking on a Radial Filter in Camera Raw would delete that filter.
- Camera Raw Filter now displays the histogram and RGB color readouts using the assigned color space of the corresponding Photoshop document. Previously, Camera Raw Filter always displayed its histogram and RGB color readouts using the ProPhoto color space.
- Improved the quality of Boundary Warp for some panoramas.
- Fixed bug where EXIF metadata for SIGMA 50mm f/1.4 ART lens on Canon was incorrectly identified as Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/1.4.